Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help DLL File Missing!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by R1_lover, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Every time l open something an error box appears and says"

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version file "rtl70.bpl"

Any ideas of how l can fix this problem?

Its driving me nuts :mad:
  2. google for the file and install it
  3. matt l installed the link which has stopped that error box coming up but l still cant play music for some reason

When windowsmedia player opens its saying"

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found.
  4. Use GSpot to determine what codec is missing and install it.
  5. Ok!..d/led it now what do l do with it matt...nothing happened..lol
  6. What about if she removed W/Player & re-installed it
  7. Is it an mp3 file you're trying to play or some other format? Is the extension .mp3?

If the file has the .mp3 extension, just install the Matroska pack which should will sort your codec issues.

At the top of the page, download the Matroska Pack Full v1.1.2.
  8. Hmmm ok after having a good look around seems that l have no longer got a sound device driver or something like that

Im pretty sure l fixed the dll problem but now!!!

I went into the audio setup and theres nothing in Multi Media it just shows a yellow question mark

Am l on the right track??..lol..cant you tell l know stuff all about PC's :roll:
  9. If you have covered all your big issues this shouldn't be a major blocker.
    Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>System
    Select hardware tab
    Select Device Manager Button
    Select the icon for the sound device (should be a yellow Exclimation or questionmark)
    Select Driver tab
    Uninstall the driver.
    Reboot the computer and it should auto install.
    Otherwise got to Start>Settings>Controll Panel> Add New hardware and run teh wizard there.
    Post again if these steps dont cover it.
    Alternately your Windows Update may fix it, but I don't trust that for multi media drivers.
  10. the yellow question mark means the is a problem,

this is may be driver

try reinstalling the sound card drivers
  11. Thankyou falcon..l will try this when l get home...should of bought the laptop to work with me so l could have a play while nobody was watching :p

Im sure l will get around this, but it all basically started from a trojan and even that l dont know if l got rid of, but seems a lot better than before
  12. I'll Be honest if a Trojan is your problem I would start with an Fdisk upgrade.
    A quote I pulled out on the boards earlier today covers it.
    "I say we take off an nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
  13. Falcons instructions should do the trick i.e uninstall driver and reboot, windows update wont pick it up but if that step fails you may need to locate the correct drivers for the soundcard by going to the manufacturers website. It's a bit of an odd error to occur unless something has corrupted the files, most likely a virus so make sure you do a full system virus scan if you havent already, if this was the cause it may still be lurking ready to strike again.
  14. A trojan started this? Well either total format + reinstall or try to get a trojan remover and pray that it worked (most probably wont)

trojans these days pretty much own your PC and you need a fair bit of pc knowledge before tackling them or LOTS of posts on forums where people know what to do.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html is a good start on getting stuff to remove it (totally). Best of luck, you'll need it if you don't have too much experience in removing stuff like this (it's not cool at all :( )
  15. Why don't you just go to the MS site and download MP ver 10. Should sort out most if not all your probs.

It is very good for me. opens all the files ok. It's about 10+ mb in size.

And of course it's free.

Good luck.
  16. with the exception of codecs like divx, media player should try to locate and download relevant codecs automatically so there should be no need to download those codec packs. Mp3 support comes standard though to my knowledge
  17. The major problem I have when using Media Player to automatically download codecs, a vast majority, if not 100% of the time it always tries to download a codec then comes back with the error "failed to download codec" or something like that

VLC is a great stand alone player and supports most formats/codecs out of the box

18. Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

Havent had a chance to sort it out yet, but will give it a crack over the weekend and see what happens

Will let you know what the verdict was :LOL: