Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help choosing windshield for DR650

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by petery, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Hi all

Just came back from a lovely ride on my new bike - Brisbane - Armidale return on my DR650SE. Two mods to follow the trip - a sheepskin cover to soften the hard seat, and a small windshield to reduce the wind pressure on the chest.

I've been researching screens and have thought about and decided against the Ceebailey and the Spitfire - both seem too big for my needs. I've ended up back at a screen suggested by the shop where I bought the bike new - an MRA Streetshield or Roadshield.

Here's a link:

My question is which one? The Streetshield is 23.5cm high and the Roadshield is 31.5cm. This web site below has pics of them both mounted to a DR650 (which is very helpful).

Anyone had experience with one of these shields on this bike (or similar)? Anyone got an opinion based on the pics?

Many thanks

2. I'd have a look at advrider.com - plenty of people with DRs there.
  3. Thanks Macmanmike. I had a quite scan of advrider and thumpertalk - there is some discussion of screens for this bike but no one has compared these two MRA screens.

It's a long shot I know, but hopefully someone else has made this choice before me and is either happy or not (and has some advice for the next person).

4. There are a number of companies in Oz that make screens.
    Split screens and Eagle screens are a couple. I'd ring them up and talk to them with your needs.