Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Help! Can't put my tank back on!!

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by edgelett, Jul 1, 2006.

1. OK we went to the shed to re-attach all the hoses on my Hornet 600 & screw the tank back on. hoses on the lefthand side are no probs. But there is a hose that goes on the right that is causing me problems.

I know where it attaches to the tanl. But that's where it ends....does the hose just.....dangle? or does the other end attach to something? my BF thinks it might be an overflow hose, but if it is, then it's going to overflow on to my pipes!!!!

dad took the tank apart & he's in whyalla so I have NO clue where it's meant to go.

can anyone help me?
    I can supply pics if needed
  2. sounds like an overflow hose to me too... how long is it?
  3. Mabye post up a picture so people can get a better idea of what you're talking about
  4. If it comes from a little pipe at the back of the tank then yeah its just the overflow.

Poke it so it wont leak on the pipes if you can.

Someone with the same model might be able to give you a pic of theirs.
  5. thanks for the tips,
    dad just rang me back & said it's an air hose, and i checked my maintenence manual (thanks cam) and it actually had "hose diagrams" at the front (I was checking under "fuel system" at the back! D'oh!), which confirmed it's an air hose & doesn't connect to anything.

Now I'm off to buy some petrol to see whether it will still start!