Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HELP! Bike starting but running rough and hollow sound???

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by 11bigm11, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Hey Guys please help Bike: Hyosung GT 650 2007

Well my last ride was a 3 hour ride but that was 3 months ago. In the mean time bike has sat in the garage. So I went to start it today and it was running rough would not Idle on it's own, felt hollow maybe even like a cylinder was missing. So I bought some injector cleaner added it to the fuel no difference! pulled the plugs out they were black so gave them a clean put them back in no difference? What could be the problem? I have never had any problem with the bike. Could it be out of timing? Bad fuel?

Please help

2. Timing shouldnt be out, check the basics first. Drain fuel, check air filter, check/replace plugs.
    Thats the cheap sorted, if its still running rough start inspecting exhaust for holes (hollow sound) make sure all clamps are tight etc.
  3. Thanks for the info sparks fine, however the bike wont even start so I believe there is a problem with fuel not getting through what to do first? Drain fuel, replace fuel filter? open up the carbi?

Thanks in advance
  4. cleaning the carb might help, could be it was partially blocked from sitting around doing nothing for 3 months. Now you got it running it could be that the blockage is total and hence your not getting fuel in.