Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HELP! Bike down on power!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by completeNOOB, Nov 7, 2007.

1. I'm having problems with my cbr250 but being a NOOB when it comes to bikes i dont know whats wrong or what to do. The bike feels down on power, it just doesnt pull like it used to. The power drop hasnt been gradual, it just happened after a day or two outside in the rain. Could that have caused the problem? I also recently painted the engine and everything else matte black a couple of weeks ago, could that be the cause? Any thoughts & suggestions?

2. Try checking to make sure your airbox isn't full of water and that the air filter is still dry and clean.
  3. And I'd check spark plugs.
  4. Check plugs and leads are dry and clean.
  5. Thanks guys, i'll check it all.

So no-one thinks its got anything to do with me painting the engine but more the fact i left it out in the rain overnight?
  6. did you remove the engine to paint it? or did you do it while in the bike.

If you removed it, did you ensure all your hoses and everything were plugged in properly?
  7. No didnt remove anything. Didnt even mask anything. Just went a lil crazy with the spray gun and painted anything and everything :LOL:
  8. That's a good way to reduce your bike's resale value, and maybe affect some of its mechanicals as well.

Trevor G