Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HELP about ZZR 250 won't start....

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by tinx78, May 10, 2006.

1. Hi guys..
    I'm new here :) and I have a problem already hehe

I have a Kawasaki ZZR 250 '93 which have been in the garage since 5-6 months ago and I forgot to take off the battery at that time.
    Now, I want to sell this bike but it won't start...

First, I tried with the old battery and the starter motor (i think) turns the engine, but no start. I also tried a roll start in the driveway (there's no steep slope around here), and nothing.

I suspected tat the battery almost dead, although when I turned on the headlight it's still as bright as ever..

So second time, I bought new battery and installed it.
    Tried to start but nothing happened. Not even the starter motor ticking.

Now i'm thinking to ask some mechanic to come and have a look at it but I don't know where to go and who I should trust :)

So if any1 here can advised me? (I live at Carnegie, VIC)
    And maybe u know how much it will cost to get this bike fixed?

Ty in advance :)
  2. And btw, I'm no mechanic so I don't think I would be able to fix the problem myself...
    Although, if there's a detailed guide out there to fix this thing I might give it a try :)
  3. You will probably need new fuel in it.
    And try turning it over using a car battery, will allow for a bit more current draw if needed.
    You may have a problem of dirty carbs, or in attempt to start it the starter motor may have gone, but i doubt it.