Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by redliner, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Hi Guys,

Just after some opinions regarding helmets...Between the SHOEI and the ARAI, which brand do you guys prefer? and why?

2. i find it doesn't matter what brand its how it fits. Different helmets can be different shapes inside so bang some on your head and find one that fits nice and is comfortable.
  3. The one that fits your head shape best. That's the one and only true answer.

4. I'ma gunna say........

The one that fits. Man I'm such a sheep, but it's true. :p
  5. mate, as long as it has that big red tick on the side, the more you pay, your only getting more comfort. Different people fit different helmets.

Although SHOEI always go that extra step for comfort, you just have to go in and sample every helmet.

Its the only way

6. Whats the max a new rider should be paying for a helmet? Consider that i dont race, or even want to, i surely dont need a $900 helmet. But i guess a $90 helmet is no good either?
  7. $10 helmets for $10 heads

Seriously though, the expense of a good quality helmet is justified.
  8. baaa

Another sheep

Try them on, see what fits best, forget brand-name snobbery.

And of you've got some mates, try RIDING with their helmets too; often a helmet that feels good in the store might have an unacceptable level of wind noise, etc....