Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmets for Supermoto/Motard?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by screwdriver, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Full-Face

5 vote(s)
  2. Dual-Sport

7 vote(s)
  3. Motocross+Goggles

1 vote(s)
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
  1. Hypothetically speaking, if you owned a supermoto/motard which was primarily used on the street, and were only able to have one helmet. what would you choose?

regular full face?
    motocross + goggles?

2. A helmet is just as an individual choice as the riders bike. It can be head protection but for many its also a reflection of the riders persona. I like some of the new dual sport types, they have a Halo sorta look to them.
  3. the helmet you want is called the variant, by icon.

road helmets dont have enough vents, dirt helmets are quite noisy and get tiring after a while.
  4. Helmets should be chosen by the nature and location of riding rather than the type of bike. Hence my vote for regular full-face (which might surprise some here, but it's based on the only one lid stipulation).
  5. Yeah, I agree with this.
  6. X2!!!
  7. if i still street tarded i would have one in a flash. works well on and off road. apparently.

and it looks like i'm from that game halo. especially with the cool reflective visor.