Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmets for different bikes.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by vornar, Aug 19, 2010.

1. I was wondering...

I have a Shoei TZR helmet at the moment and i ride an XJR1300.
    Its a naked bike with a very upright riding position.

My gripe is that when i tilt my head forward, (AKA sportbike angle) the helmet is heaps quieter and the upper front vent actually lets air into the helmet.

As i sit upright, the swirling air around the base of the helmet makes a hell of a racket, and the upper vent lets in next to sweet FA ventilation.

Is it just me, or is all the good looking/performing gear aimed at sportbike riders.

O.K. thats my sook for the day...

Does anyone know of any full face helmets designed to work at a different angle???

2. Wouldn't your head ultimately be at roughly the same angle (forward, eyes level) no matter how your body was positioned on a bike?

(You should see me sitting in my chair now, arms outstretched, switching between sport and upright riding positions trying to test this for myself! :rofl: )
  3. I'd like to see a scheme that allows you to test ride a new lid before paying for it..or a simulator with a kick ass fan that can replicated wind speeds encountered by riders.
  4. stands to reason...
    because all the good looking/performing people ride sportbikes, like moi
  5. buuut..
    i actually don't think you either>
    (a) have a helmet that fits you properly
    (b) are wearing your helmet properly
    (c) have your eyes on the front of your head, like most folk
  6. hey man, I also ride an xjr and happen to wear a tzr lid. I've found that the shoei is pretty quiet overall with only a small squeal if the visor isn't firmly shut. My arai rx-7rr4, on the other hand, is MUCH noisier but it's also older and a looser fit.