Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmets- Best place to buy?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by gumnut, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I am off tomorrow to purchase a new helmet. Any ideas about the best place to start looking around Sydney, I am in the inner west, but travelling isn't an issue!

Cheers Jen
  2. I shopped around a fair bit and found the helmet warehouse at Yagoona (Hume Highway) to be the most competitive (I bought the Shoei XR1000 Badge). The only thing that pissed me off is I bought a tinted visor as well and he accidentally gave me the wrong one. I didn't check it until I went to use it and of course it didn't fit. All the way back to Yagoona for a replacement was a bit annoying.

I must say I don't know what their stock is like on other brands, but they do have a lot of helmets on display.

Good luck.
  3. From what I've seen you cant go past the helmet warehouse (as above)
    I'll be ordering my XR1000 as well from there when the credit cards paid off :)
  4. Thanks for the info guys!

I went up to Yagoona this morning and found that they did have quite alot of lids on display and the guys were really pleasant and helpful. I ended up buying my helmet from them, I am happy with the price paid.