Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet Visor Tint

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by davison, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Hey guys,
    Im shopping around for Helmets and Im considering settling with a HJC. However I noticed that this does not have the tinted visors.
    If I wanted them to be tinted, would i simply take it to a tint shop? or buy a specific visor? or do some helmets just have them?
    Any Help in clearing this up for me would be much appreciated.

2. You should be able to pick up a tinted visor for it. The tinted visor for mine (Shark) was around 50 bucks, well worth the $$.
  3. Yep, replacement HJC visors are anywhere from about $55 to about $75 depending on tint and helmet model
  4. Thanks for your help guys,
    Im in melbourne. Does anyone know where i could go to find a HJC visor?
    I could only find them on ebay international sellers.
  5. Which part of melbourne you from?
  6. You should be able to buy it at the dealers (same place you got the helmet) or they would be able to order one in for you

Well woth the $$ as said above, its great to have two visors and one for those sunny glary days, especially if you dont like wearing sunnys :grin:
  7. You should also be able to buy iridium visors that have a blue or metallic shine to them that looks great but I heard they scratch really easy.
  8. If you can't get a tinted or iridium visor for the HJC (I believe you can), you have a couple of other options.
    Fogcity make a tinted and a light reactive version of their antifog inserts. That might be a cheaper way of getting what you want.
  9. I have recently bought a new HJC tinted visor (around $50-ish) and an irridium was available for an extra $10.
  10. We considered tinted visors as well, but the hassel of changing them out since we do ride a lot ni the afternoon, which turns to nighttimes, seemed a real pain in the butt. Sunglasses are easier to store and "remove".

I just bought a visor strip that goes inside the visor at the top. Kinda like that tinted strip at the top of vehicle windshields. Goes down far enough to block the incoming sun, but not too low to block vision.