Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet Testing

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by pete the freak, May 26, 2005.

1. With all the talk of helmets lately, I thought I post this link:

http://www.smf.org

It's the website of the Snell Memorial Foundation. They do the testing of the helmets. While it is the American website, it does go through the process of testing the helmets very thouroughly.

Definitely worth a look... 8)

2.  Top
  3. .........and whilst we're on the subject, I have an OGK helmet that came over with me from the UK. It has all of the relevant Euro/UK stamps on it, but no Aussie stamps.

If I get pulled by the plod, will they check? If they check, will they care? If they care, will they fine me? And if they fine me, how much?

4. I have a similar problem with my Arai.
    I take the view that I'd be very unlucky for it to be noticed, but yes, I'd expect a fine if ever it was.
    But I reckon any fine will be less than a replacement helmet ... by oooh, a lot!

5. your can get booked for this, but unless they have brushed up recently on their motorcycle rules, you'll probably be OK. :)

6. Hokey, dokey. Cheers Dan.

7. I reckon you would have too be real unlucky to cop a fine, I would jump of a bridge if I was the unlucky.