Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

helmet spew?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by jeffatav, Nov 30, 2006.

1. It hasn't happened yet, but came REALLLY close to throwing up in my helmet the other day :LOL:
    And, NO, it wasn't beside the bed after a hard night!

I was at the head at the lights and waiting for an enjoyable run down wakehurst parkway and would't you know it. The most vile smelling garbage truck pulled out from the side street and started its slow journey in front of me.

Smells a bit, but no worries, I'll overtake pretty quickly and move on.

The motorbike gods were against me and EVERY time I thought to go, more cars coming etc etc.

I pulled back hoping the smell would dissapate, but still no good!!

The stench was unbearable and I was starting to dry reach inside my helmet.

Finally a break, and away I went, pass this vile smelling, sack of sh#t and the clear air bought me back to my senses.

Now when I see a garbage truck, ANYWHERE, it is full throttle to get past :LOL: :LOL:

Has anyone had similar experiences or actually thrown up in their helmet and what happened?????????

2. I tend to try to throw up in OTHER peoples' helmets.

3. Milkshake in the helmet...an act thats hilarity is rivaled only by its slackness.

4. *Will stab anyone in the pancreas, that I see doing this*

5. What if you saw someone doing it to Hitler? Huh? Huh? What are you trying to say Chris?

*Buys milkshake. Adjusts pancreas protector*

6. If it was unprovoked, I'd stab 'em.

If it was a Jew putting a milkshake in Hitler's helmet as revenge/justice for the slaughter of their people, then I would hope Hitler knew how lightly he got off.

But it's less of a tragedy for Hitler to get milkshake in his helmet, 'cause he can wash it, and he's got plenty of big ovens he can use to dry it out real quick. No worries.

7. If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. If you pour a milkshake into my helmet, I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya.

8. Closest I've come to that is when I pulled up at work one cold morning and wasn't quick enough and actually sneezed while lid was still on. MESSY!!!! VERRRRRY MESSSSSY! :shock: :roll:

9. Today, my name is MR SHAKER!!

I've done the sneeze, not fun. Couldn't imagine spewing in the helmet though, maybe it's an argument for open face??

10. Never spewed in the helmet, but I've sneezed in my surgical mask - really badly. And my bastard colleagues thought it was hillarious and wouldnt change it for me (you cant touch anything when your scrubbed). Bastards! :wink:

11. I did a very much hayfever boogery sneeze explosion in my helmet on the freeway once.

Road all the way to toorak road with a completely snotted face.

Too top it off, I didn't have anything to wipe it with, so i walked into 7/11 with my tinted visor down to buy some tissues and the guy was panicing, ran around to an alley way, lid off, wipe wipe wipe. all good :D

Helmet on, sneezed again...

12. Whenever I'm out in the countryside and I pass roadkill...

...Oh dear :!:

13. OMG thats all so disgusting...........dry reaching just reading this, lucky I dont have my helmet on (not that I usually do when I'm in front of the computer) :LOL:

PS: the stabbing bit was funny tho

14. We try our best.

Don't forget to tip your waitresses, were here all week folks....

15. Hmm, in that case I might try the veal.

Back on topic - I had a bit of congestion a while back and produced a rather significant lugie. Wearing an open face helmet I smugly proceeded to dispose of said lugie......all over the arm of my jacket :oops:
    It dried nice and sticky.

16. come close a couple of times now, due to morning sickness but managed to pull over in time and yank off helmet.. but have the chance to feel it coming.. :shock: had a guy look at me once, and looked at me even stranger when i said "it ok I'm pregnant" :LOL:

and yes we forget in the car that things (especially cattle trucks and sewerage plants,) always smell worse on the motorbike.. :sick:

17. I've never even come close, still just the thought of blowing chunks and getting a piece of chunk stuck between your visor and the helmet or in the lining, or in the mechanisim that holds your visor to the helmet is enough to make me uneasy. Then after a couple of day riding in the sun when those chunks begin to smell real nice, well let me tell you that if it ever happens to me I am riding straight to the nearest bike shop to pick myself up a new lid.

18. I think if i spewed in it i would never be able to wear it agian... I have spewed on clothes before and had to throw them away beacuse the smell just lingered.

I have come close before, once when i was suffering a hangover i was going to ride down the street to get some panadol but soon as i put the helmet on i felt putrid and ran (with the helmet still on) to the bathroom. I got it off just in time thankfully!

19. Yeah you don't really want to be sticking your head in a brain bucket after a big night and make your head feel even smaller. :)

20. Sorry, I cracked up laughing when I read this. My only bike vomiting experience was during my first 6 months of riding when I was so nervous I used to dry wretch EVERY time I got on! :oops: