Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet sizes

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by jfizzle, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Hi all,
    went bike shopping on the weekend and gear trying on. Am yet to find a helmet that i can get my head into. who makes biggest sizes. the places i went to didnt have anything bigger than XL's. they said a few go up to 2xl any go bigger. cos didnt really stand a chance in any but sharks..

any advice?

thanks JJ

2. just keep shopping & trying as they all vary according to style & padding as to how they will fit or what size you may be :wink:
  3. Look at HJC and Shoei.. You will have to try on so many helmets to get the right fit.. Be patient, you will find one.. :grin:
  4. +1 ^^

HJC makes the biggest helmets I think. I have really huge noggin, and with other brands ie. KBC, AGV I seem to be size XL/L. With HJC I fit into M quite snugly.

IMO it's very well priced for what it is. Not the flashest helmets around, but really quite durable. I wear mine almost every day, and 12 months later it still fits very nicely.

5. thanks guys i tried a xxl shoei on and it seemed to fit well. jus gotta try find one in the right design for me.