Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet Screw Missing?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by neogeo, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hi.

I was have a helmet screw missing from my AGV K3.

Just wondering where I could get a replacement? Does it have to factory or any screw that will fit in?

Any help is appreciated.

2. place like the 'Bolt Man' take the other screw in and match it for length, thread and material
  3. Thanks for the reply!

Do you know what the names of these types of shops are called?
    ( so i can google them )

4. In melb one IS called 'The Bolt man' check whitepages or yellow pages, take your 'current' screw and ask them for another one or two [just in case], even local hardware might have it, bunnings even? you never know..
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The screw you do have doesn't look like it would be an original. Have you checked the AGV sites? Some helmet manufacturers sell spare parts, such as whole visor locking mechanisms. A new couple of screws shouldn't be a problem.

I thought so: http://www.agv.com/dyn_prod.php?p=0133-0416&k=144934

Perhaps use a little Loctite in future, once you have the pivot plate adjusted correctly.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the linky!

A kind Netrider has pm'ed me with an offer of his screw in his damaged helmet though if the slim chance of it not fitting, I will try my luck contacting AGV and order it!