Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet Retailers in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Les011, May 28, 2013.

1. Hi All,
    I'm looking to buy a new helmet. Maybe a Nolan N85 or Rjays SP2. I need to try them on so I know it fits my egg/oval shaped head.
    Can anybody tell me retailers around Melbourne I can go and try before I buy.

Thanks in Advance
    Les (y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I don't know if they have those 2 helmets, but try Peter Stevens on Elizabeth street. They have a pretty large range of helmets there.

3. Thanks PEEair. I had a look online at their site. They don't look to have either ones I'm after so I may have to rethink my choice. Last thing I want to do is buy one without trying it on

4. I think it's best if you do some research at home to see which helmet is good but don't decide on one yet. Then go there and try on a bunch of helmets, see which one fit you best then make your decision.
    Revzilla and Sportbiketrackgear have heaps of video review on helmet if you need more information.

5. I done research and sussed out the safety/style/price and that's what brought me to Nolan or Rjays helmet. Now I just find one to try on for the comfort.
    The first three don't mean anything if you can only wear the helmet for half an hour at a time. I really appreciate your input though.
    Thanks

6. Go to Peter Stevens in the city - location will be on their website somewhere. And if you have doubts or don't know the exact size and fit on a helmet try it in store. I can't remember where I read this but there was something like 6/10 riders don't have a proper fitting full face helmet. Don't quote me on that because I can't find the source.