Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet makes my ear sore

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by djay, Apr 7, 2011.

1. I've had this helmet for about a year now so it's done all the wearing in it's going to do and I find that if I wear it for more than a few hours a day I get a sore right ear that just gets more and more painful.

My ear is not folding or anything, I think it's just the small amount of compression on it makes it sore after a while.

What's the best thing to do? I'm considering attacking it with scissors, trying to compress that area with pressure or trying to use a needle and thread to pull that bit tighter so it doesn't sit so close to my ear.

Any tips on what would work best and is least likely to screw up?

2. I didnt tell you this
    I do not advocate anyone doing this

I have never done it

I have heard people file away a little bit of eps liner with a file where there is a stubborn pressure point

This information is for informative educational purposes only

3. Upon closer inspection I must have a weird shaped head. My ears weren't in the allocated ear hole. I've attacked the foam with scissors a bit and OMG now I have an idea of how a helmet is meant to fit!

This is great.

Thanks Takamii

4. I didnt do anything - I didnt advise anything

I just stated some educational information