Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet Liner Repair

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by xXx, May 24, 2011.

1. I have a shark RSX Helmet, contacted the importer of shark helmets and they said that they cant get a replacement line as its out of production.

Does anyone know if they can be repaired? Been looking on the net with no real success.

Could be a good reason to buy a new helmet :) but this one is still in very good condition just need a new liner.

2. What's wrong with it? If it's just torn, it can most likely be repaired...
  3. Just wearing out. Especially on the bottom where there is rubbing when you put the helmet on.
  4. How old is it, helmets do have a use by date, might be time for a new 1
  5. Yeah i know what you mean goz. Its only just coming up 3y since i bought it and i don't keep a helmet more than 5y.

Am going to go the Peter Stevens with one of the cheek pads to see if any of the new Shark models use the same ones. If that fails i guess i will be buying a new one.
  6. Had a look at a video review where they take the helmet apart and looks like the RSI (which replaced the RSX) has the same Liner.

Still need to confirm at PS.

Thanks for the tim btw.