Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet features???

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Teamsherman, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Hi folks,

I'm after a helmet with earphones or speakers built in, do they exist?

Also, I'm after something super-light that doesn't have my neck whinging before my arse does.

What's recommended and how much am I looking at price wise??

2. Some custom moulded ear plugs with audio input are great for hearing protection, listening to music or nav instructions or both, and significantly reduce fatigue on long rides from the constant wind noise.

I can also recommend the Sena smh10 Bluetooth intercom system. Even if you don't use the intercom, the hands free phone, music, navigation is great it can pair with multiple devices.

The rhok helmets are very light and good quality, IMHO ear plugs are a must though excellent helmet for the price
  3. I don't think any helmet on the market right now have built in speakers. However some do have cut out slots for speakers. The Shark Speed-R and Vision-R has cut out slots for their own communication system so it doesn't stick out much when you put it on your helmet. Can't recommend any though as I don't use them.
  4. Anyone have a Shark helmet with the shark micro lock buckle system they can take a picture of for me?? I can't find any info or pictures on the interwebs.
  5. I don't think any of the new Shark helmet has a buckle system, pretty sure they all use double D rings.