Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet cams and police (USA)

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by smoky, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Wow.:eek: I would have crapped myself. Cop should be fired.
  2. I'm not particularly worried. Mind you, I'd tend to keep my footage to myself. Unless it was really, really funny of course.
  3. #5 Mr Flibble, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  4. Hope the cop dies horribly doing something mundane
  5. Also, Maryland is one of the worst places in the world. It should probably be part of England (or Victoria at this point), it'd fit right in with the police-run nanny state mentality.
  6. Yeah just watch it , no badge or ID.

Think camera would be the last thing i would be worried about if a guy came at me with a pistol
  7. :eek: what's this world come to?
  8. its not like he pointed the gun at the guy jeez!
  9. guy points a gun at my tyres like that and he's asking for trouble.

the way the guy on the bike was backing away from the car at the start was weird....
  10. Ladies & gentlemen, I will direct your attention to this thread:

...which features this product:

Camera Sunnies

Check it out, they actually look to take half-decent video... I've already ordered mine :)

Wouldn't be such a bad thing to get into the habit of wearing - imagine how clear-cut it would make things if a bad situation presented itself to you...

- boingk
  11. Are you serious?:-s

Some plain car rolls up next to/in front of you aggressively you wouldn't be looking for escape options?
  12. Of course but backing up seemed like a strange choice.
  13. I don't think it's weird at all that's what I'd do.. The guy opens his car door. Moving back gives enough room to gun it around the car door if you need to. If you get in some kind of road rage etc you sure as hell don't want to be sitting on your bike where you can't defend yourself. Either find an escape route or jump off the bike and stand your ground. If it had been a marked car or atleast a uniformed officer it would be clear cut. If some redneck cuts you off, the door swings open and he dives out wielding a gun what to they except, he's lucky the bike rider didn't run him over.

I've been in 3 situations where I've been in a car as a passenger at night a car load of scumbags jump out and try to attack you and I'm telling you, you don't wait and ask them if they are a cop you drive off regardless of if they are standing infront of your car or not..