Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet Bike-Storage issue solved once and for all!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Ktulu, Nov 21, 2007.

1. If you noticed a small 2 week gap in my activities on these forums it was because I spend the first half of November in South America.

There are lots of bikes over there, and I thought you guys might be interested to know they have the perfect solution to where to store your helmet... you just lift up your front-mud-guard and jam the bastard under :grin:

[​IMG]

Also acts as bonus disc-lock, and you'll never leave it on there by accident if you have to wear the thing :eek:

2. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ktulu that's classic!! any other wonderful photos from your adventure?

3. Well, I did eat a bbqed guinea pig in Peru... does this count as a wonderful photo?

[​IMG]

4. Whao!...sorry mate...I just can't eat anything that looks back at me like that....especially when it looks like an escape from the movie "The Thing"
    Yuk!...
    :LOL:

5. i not only noticed, but i PM'd Hornet600, my font of all NR gossip and news, to find out what had happened to you!! i then had Paul and Ken both alert me to when you were back on-line :shock: :? :cool: so you're being watched from a distance mate :twisted:

i did then notice you refer to south america in another post and was hoping we might get a trip report. this doesn't quite cut it - but it is a cool photo :wink:

6. So did you go to Cuzco?
    Walk the Inca trail?

I loved Cuzco, it has so much character, and the people (well those that get on with there life) are just wonderfull. There is a definate tourist culture that is a but almost predetory, but otherwise it was such a great city.

7. Yep, did Cuzco, and part of the Inca Trail [not the 42km one :shock:] we did the last 16km, to come through the Sun Gate to Macchu Pichu - it was magic.

I liked Cuzco too, had so much character after Buonos Aires, Rio De Janeiro, and Lima.

8. Buenos Aires was interesting, My bigest issue was the polution.
    The other place we went to in Argentina was Porto Iguazu, Literaly at midday there was no one in the main st and tumbleweeds blowing in the wind.

it was interesting to see in some of teh military Churches burnt english flags, they really take the old military marks very seriosly there.

9. Yeah, we went to Iguassu Falls - that was kickarse!
    Boat ride underneath to get soaked, then a helicopter ride over the top later on. Brilliant :)

They actually had an election on w/ public holiday when we were in Buenos Aires, so the pollution wasn't too bad the first 2 days we were there.

10. That orange rectangle in the middle is the hotel I stayed at :)

11. i am from Buenos Aires and while living there and visiting all i saw was people on bikes without helmets. So this guy was a bit more cautious than others.

Altho some people you see with a helmet wear it on their arm as opposed to their head as they ride...

i know what you mean about the town being dead at midday, everyone shuts shop and goes for a siesta, about 12 - 1pm then back to work at 2...
    god i wish we had the same here!