Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet & Bike resprayed in NSW?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Sailorboy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. looking at getting my helmet resprayed with this design. Either with the writing on the back or a pinup girl with an anchor or similar.

[​IMG]

i'm not really sure on colours, am still trying to decide on orange, white/orange or white/gold.

i want to get the southern cross (well my version of it) on either side of the bike.

does anyone have any graphic design skills that could help me design it? or know of any companies in the sydney area that i would beable to get to help sketch up a design?

has anyone had any helmets or bikes resprayed and can reccomend a company?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

any help would be greatly appreciated.,

Todd

2. Just FYI: according to most helmets, they say not to paint them, as the chemicals in the paint may affect the helmet in some way.

I think you have nothing to worry about, but I think it might technically make the helmet not road legal.

I am sure it has been done heaps of times before without problems thought, I am not saying don't do it, just making sure you are ready for any negative side of this.

3. I'm sure all you have to do is make sure you still have an australian standard sticker on there and no one will ever question you for it.