Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Helmet art

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by scooter, Sep 20, 2005.

1. A few examples of some radical helmet art, seems to be bigger in Europe/Uk and not so popular here in Oz.

Clicky :)

2. I think Slugslie uses that Star Wars one as his avatar, but the others are pretty gross!

3. i like them, pulling up next to a cager with one of those to tell them off for cutting you off would be good for the intimidation factor :D

no prices though :(

4. Interesting to note they all use the same helmet... can't remember the exact name of it but it's the same one that the Stig uses in Top Gear. :D

5. as far as helmet art goes i would consider those to be average at best, there is alot better out there.

6. Reminds me of a type of Simpson helmet.

7. I saw them for sale at Revolution Race Gear in Mitcham, a number of years ago. I think they were intended for motor car track use.
    :D

8. Definitley looks like a Simpson (not sure if it's Bart or Homer) I think you'll find Revolutions do still sell them, and, yes, they are a "track only helmet" They are very popular with the motorsports fraternity and especially speedway drivers, though why I don't know.

I think you might have some explaining to do if Mr Plod pulls you over while you are wearing one on the road.

9. That's right... it's a Simpson 'Bandit' helmet (i think). They have their heritage in the European streetfighter scene (no idea why). Supposedly there were a huge amount that were sent over here for ADR approval about a year ago now.

10. I think the larger jaw area lends itself to paint work, especially dentition.

11. Helmet art has been around in "car" racing in Australia for a few years. Several people advertise their work in various motorsport publications.

You have to be careful to use paints that wont affect the plastic shell of the helmet.

I don't think too many "bike" racers will go for it, after all one good fall and a $700 helmet gets junked by a few scratches, not forgeting the painting costs.