Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured VIC Helmet and Visor update?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Mavrik, May 1, 2015.

1. Hi all,

As the title states, does anyone have anymore information on February's federal helmet forum? I have seen or heard anything of lately on the whole Australian Standards review, along with the tinted visor dramas. Would love to see not only Victoria but, nationwide go the same way as Queensland has gone. One country, One law I say, it will save a fortune on unwanted fines. Thanks in advance and sorry for my ignorance if a topic already exists.

2. One country, one law. Have you been drinking? Really shouldn't drink and ride. I might be a bit pessimistic, but the day that "One country, one law" comes into effect.... pigs will ride flying motorbikes, or motorbikes will fly... or hover, float. I really do hope for that, but it's highly unlikely, standardization takes way too long.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I saved the drinking for after work O_Rider and then walk home. I know I'm day dreaming , but hey it's worth a shot......hahaha
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Just get rid of the requirement. There's no need for a mandatory helmet law. This is the problems it causes.