Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by sapperpie, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Just thought I'd say hi! Joined to do a bit of research and get advice. I'm 27 and from Brisbane!

I must admit I have never been on a motorbike but after watching Long Way Round/Down I decided to bight the bullet and go for my L's.

2. G'day, welcome ,aren't they fun shows? Can't help but like Charlie, he'd be on my dinner party guest list.
  3. Welcome!

Be warned, riding can get into your blood and once you're hooked that's it! :D
  4. Thanks guys! I am pretty keen to get started to be honest - the more I read, the more excited I get :)
  5. Hi Sapperpie.

Watch some Youtube videos, I still find them a great help. Sounds like you have enough enthusiasm as it is!

Moss St in Slacks Creek is THE place to look at and watch motorbikes of all sizes and shapes. It'll make finding your first ride so much easier.
  6. Yup, then you give it away, have a family, buy a house, build a career, travel the world. Then one day you wake up 40 years later and say " Fark I need a bike" and away you go again. Gotta love it.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Got my learners permit today! And booking in for a 2 day HART course next weekend!

In the meantime, I'll just continue to drool over some DR650's :happy:
  8. Make sure you wipe it off before the shop owner catches you. They get narky about that for some reason.

Also, congrats! ;)
  9. Hey welcome aboard plenty of good advice on here for us new folk