Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Renee_AW, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Hello,

I'm Renée and have just bought my first bike. I have always dreamt of riding but never dared. Then, earlier this year just before my 36th birthday I was ill....to the point I started searching my soul....I only had one regret - not learning to ride.

Better now & have my L's and a Kawasaki GPX250R Ninja, 2006 model.

I love it!!! I am totally consumed by it.

I live in a very hilly area and don't have friends with bikes so can't get the bike to flat places people recommend for learning without having enough experience to ride there. Consequence - I am learning to ride in hilly places & can now ride to the flatter places for more practice. I figure hills, although they are difficult, are a pretty good place to learn.

I am so happy with my bike & want to ride it all the time!

I am also really pleased with the kindness of other bike riders...I was riding in my local area last week & coming up to a stop sign. A guy on a bike overtook a couple of cars & came & sat just behind me...a little bit of moral support. I thought that was so cool!!! Just wish I could have told him.

I love this forum & I have had some great advice...thank you!!!!

2. Welcome to NR Renee !
    :biker:
    and to the addiction that is two wheels :)
    :shock:
    You mean ya didn't notice him shovin a spud into your exhaust ? :LOL:

3. Hi Renee,
    Welcome to the dark side your a biker now and congrats on your bike. Get out on group rodes if you can and enjoy

4. Hey Ren,
    Good on ya. :grin:

Doesnt take long to get the bug.
    :wink: Enjoy,

Cameron

5. Thank you!

Thank you for the welcomes. I surely have the bug.

If there is anyone knows about group rides in the Newcastle (NSW) area i would be great to get details.

Renée

6. I've done this to a few people on my way to/from work from time to time, sometimes I filter through traffic only to realise that the gap i was aiming for was filled by another bike, so i just tuck in behind them then back off a bit.

theres a fair few bikes around newy/charlestown/lake area.

welcome!

7. Thank you for your welcomes & everyone for your support in other areas of the forum.

This is a great place to learn...I don't have any friends who ride so being able to read & ask questions is great.