Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by scottr, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm Scott and looking to get into riding soon. Have only riden my dads Honda trike and that was going back a looooong time :grin:

Looking at getting my Learners and picking up a cruiser style bike, someone at work has a Virago 250 for sale so I might look at that.

Will probably be posting a few topics on gear and basic things like that so I will look forward to everyones opinions!

Thanks and see you around
  2. Hey Scott,

Welcome from another just getting into it.

I like cruisers but dont think I'll be going down that path after hearing about the wind thats hits head and chest without a windshield when you're going a little faster. Windshields on a cruiser just dont look cool to me :(

Oh, and there's a wealth of info about gear and bikes already here. Read, Read, Read!

3. Hi fella's and welcome.

I had a cruiser ,its heaps of fun ,but like Yoda said the wind blasts ruined it for me ,added a small screen and it looks pretty good ,easy to take off in 20 seconds for cruising around ,but you need it for long long rides.
  4. Thanks for the welcome guys.

I will mainly be commuting to and from work but also some short leisurely cruises on weekends so that shouldnt be too much of a problem (i hope!)