Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by campag, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Hello Netriders!

What a great site!

I'm new to the motorbike scene, having driven in a cage for the last 30 years, I've become fed up with the boredom of the commute and skyrocketing costs of anything to do with 4 wheels.

So I upped and got my L's last weekend and have a new (used really) shiny thing parked out the back (Kwaka 250ZZR) to learn on and get the hang of "them fangled two wheeled contraptions". I ride a road bicycle a fair bit, so the transition isn't too bad.

Had one serious praccy session so far after hours in a nearby commercial area with nice wide quiet roads. Loads of fun, lots to think about.

See you in the forums with my noobish questions!

2. Welcome :)

ZZR is great fun.. once you get more experienced it'd probably be wise to rip the centre stand off.. I kept saying I'll do it but never did and I really regret it as it does scrape @ decent lean.
  3. Welcome to Netrider, Chris. You'll get plenty of help and advice from the many Melbourne Netriders, and there's about 2.6 million coffee nights and social events down there as well :LOL:.