Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Damofo D.O.G., Nov 1, 2007.

1. Hi, just thought I'd do a brief intro before I start posting away!

I have joined your forum since I am about to move to Aus (Brisbane) from the UK. We had hoped to be there by now, but Visa delays mean that looking to be december or maybe the new year :(

I'm bring with me my partner of 6 years and our 9 month year old daughter - who just about ties with the bike in terms of cost!!

I have been riding for just over a year now, having done around 15000k's in that time, including several trackdays, and a trip to the daddy of all race tracks, the Nurburgring.

Over here I have a GSXR 600 SRAD, which was going to come with me, but I don't think I can afford to bring it now, and will probably end up with getting a hack bike (prob a shaftie) when I arrive for commuting etc, until my bank balance recovers!

I love nothing better than to get out on a nice, empty, winding road and put the bike through its paces. One of the major reasons I'm moving over is that we dont have empty winding roads where I live, so I have been salivating over the twisties in the hills to the west of Brisbane/Gold Coast!

Anyway, more from me soon no doubt, and I can't wait to come and join you guys over there!
  2. Welcome to netriders and well I guess Australia.
    Your allowed in on one condition,
    you must conform and drink cold beer :grin: