Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Cass, Mar 6, 2007.

1. G'day, I'm Lil's mum!!(And Stookie's mother-in-law!) Came off my bike 2 weeks ago - cabbie did a u-turn in front of me; nowhere to go but down. I'm a bit ticked off at the casual attitude of the police. The cabbie scored a fine for an illegal u-turn and I'll take civil action for negligence but would like to talk to others who've had similar instances. The problem I have with lack of police charging him with reckless driving is that he may have done this before but it's not tracked. Speeding fines - you lose your license if you do it too often. This guy could have done it 10 times before - you get my drift? Also had the cop tell me there's no such charge as reckless driving and that bothers me too (Section 318.10 of the Criminal Code, I think). Anyway any feedback would be great, especially since cabbies are a hot topic in the press at the moment and I will follow up with letters to the editor. Also - any lawyers out there? Want to come Torting with me??!!! Cheers people CASS

2. Why, hello there!!! Fancy seeing you here :wink:
  3. Hiya Bruce oopps I mean Cass :p
  4. :LOL:

hello Cass, I have no experience in this area, but g'day anyway!
  5. Hi Cass, thanks again for a sparkling wedding, and welcome to our little den of inequity :LOL:

Maybe the laws are different in Victoria to what they are in NSW, (of course they are!), but if one of our NSW riders can get charged with negligent driving for hitting a kangaroo on a lonely country road and sticking himself in hospital for nearly a month, surely a cabbie who makes a reckless U-turn and causes an accident should get charged as well?? The law is an ass.....
  6. Hi CASS!
    I can see why the legal system is making you mad. Sorry I can't offer any advice.