Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by StuartL, Feb 27, 2007.

1. I have just joined up here, I am 29 and happily married with 5 children. My oldest daughter is really getting in to motorbike riding so I have revisited my teenage years and got myself a XR250 and I am getting me licence in a couple of weeks.
    I live in Central Vic and have been into 4wding for the past 5 years but it is starting to cost too much when things break :roll:

2. 5 kids? You've been busy! Welcome to NR and enjoy riding :)
  3. Hey mate, welcome. hope we can be of some help and amusment.............

Ok just amusment then.
  4. Hmmm, seems like we could compare notes - I have 5 children also (is it cold or just poor television reception out where you live too?), done some 4WD'ing and bush camping (who can afford any other type of holiday with 5 kids?), and I guess I am also revisiting my teenage years.

One of the most useful things I did after being off a bike for 20 years + was to attend the advanced rider training course run by HART out at St. Ives 2 years back- A great investment, and an awakening as to how much I had forgotten (or perhaps it was that I never knew in the first place!)

Good luck & take care,

5. welcome.....
  6. 5 kids :shock: I know why you want a bike, so you can get away from them :LOL: . Welcome to the forum.
  7. Tell me about it.. :roll: :LOL:
  8. Landcruisers

9. 2WDing's just so much cheaper :grin: welcome to the forums mate!
  10. Thanks for your reply's and good words.
    I should be amused over here even though there are a few fellow 4wders :roll:
  11. another 4wding family here with the tambo camper trailer
    but with 2 kids hehe we bought the tv earlier

we have only got into the bike riding the last 18 months and with only 2 kids its easy to just pop them on the back and head off

Welcome to NR