Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello ;-)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Eberbachl, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Hi there,

Just posting an introduction. Been reading Netrider forums for a few days now, after stumbling across it in google.

Great site ;) keep up the good work!

I've been riding for about 13 years or so - currently have a '96 GSX750F, and live in Plenty - in the northern suburbs of Melbourne.

My wife Hayley also rides. She's got an Across :D Hayley got her L's in late 2003, and passed her full license test mid last year after being a pillion passenger of mine for a few years. Hayley's currently pregnant, so she's not riding at the moment. I'm taking the Across out for her each week or so to keep it ticking over ;)

I actually found Netrider when doing research for a new bike!

In mid January I was hit from behind in heavy traffic by a driver who...

"didn't notice the traffic was slowing down " :roll:

...And my beloved '85 GPZ900R died a horrible death :( I suffered a few relatively minor injuries - some lumbar spine bruising, and a fractured left shoulder blade. I'm still a little sore, but certainly on the mend, and able to ride again now. The minimal injuries I suffered are a great testament to wearing good safety gear.

Ironically - if I had been lane splitting, I wouldn't have been hit! LOL Sometimes I split in heavy traffic if I'm in the mood, but on this particular morning, I didn't feel like it, and was content to sit behind the car in front - to my detriment! Oh well, it's happened now - hindsight is great :p

Anyway, I ended up buying a GSX750F to replace the old GPZ900R. Picked it up last week, and really enjoying it so far ;)

Here's a pic of my new bike (after I peeled a few of the stripey decals off) ;)

Look forward to meeting you guys and going for a ride someday :)

2. Welcome. I live not far away so if ya see a red 93 cb250 you might get a nod. I know, there's a lot of those on the road, but CB folk are freindly folk so it's all good.
  3. Hello and welcome :D I'm glad you are here to tell your story. Congrats on the new baby that's coming :D

Stay safe and have fun

Lisa :twisted:
  4. Welcome Eberbachl :D ....lm not that far from you or seany, and yeah us cbr riders are a friendly lot... :p .

Congratulations to you both, whens hayley due to have the baby Luke??.

Nice bike by the way 8)

5. Thanks for the welcome everyone ;)

The baby's our first :D and he's officially due on the 9th March!

Not long now :D
  6. Luke, welcome to the forums. Sounds like your in for interesting times with your first child on the way. I've got three, they keep me sane and at times drive me insane but I'd never go back to not having them.
  7. Hey Luke, welcome aboard, look forward to catching-up at maybe coffee one Fri night :D
  8. Luke, welcome to the forums, good to see another GSX750F rider amongst us.
    "Insanity is hereditry",you get from your kids, BEWARNED!!

9. Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcomes!

Hey - Marty ;) Yep - it's Luke here. I left Nilsen comms quite a while ago now. I've been teaching in the Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Engineering at NMIT for about three years now.

Fancy meeting you here! :LOL:

It'll be good to catch up ;)

10. Hi Luke

Welcome to the forums. Congrats to you both. How exciting!! :)

:D :D

PS. Got a nice bike there!!
  11. Welcome to Netrider :)
  12. awe isnt it sweet netrider rekindling another lost friendship *runs away crying*

welcome dude ;)
  13. Welcome Eberbachl, glad to see you came out of the scrap OK. Your GSXF looks in top nick :)

Enjoy the forums :D
  14. Welcome to the forum Luke
    Wish you and Hayley all the best over the next couple of weeks and hope all goes well for you both. What an exciting time for you guys. :D
  15. Hello! Welcome to all three of you!! Good luck to you over the next few weeks (and next 30 years!!) 8)

:D :D :D
  16. Hi Luke and Hayley...welcome and congratulations on the baby, the new bike and surviving the "mishap?". Well done.

Leanne :)
  17. Thanks again everybody :D

You are a friendly bunch - aren't you! ;)

18. Hi Luke, Hi Hayley.

If you do it now, you can escape with your insanity.

I came on a few months ago for a 1 day visit and have not been allowed to leave.... RUN RUN RUN

Welcome to the madhouse.... GREAT SITE