Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ForNeverAlone, Aug 14, 2016.

1. hey everyone , booked in for my pre learners on the 3rd and 4th with my friend.
    Keen to get myself on two wheels as i live in an area with barely any transport.
    Hoping to be riding a little cbr125r or whatever i can find for the price.
    PS , Any people from the south coast (NSW)

2. Welcome :cool:
  3. Howdy and welcome to NR! :happy:
  4. Welcome to the asylum!
  5. welcome to the nuthouse!
  6. Welcome :)
  7. welcome aboard :)
  8. A song about Alone
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Welcome to NR...
  10. Hi and welcome to NR.
  11. Thanks everyone , Already doing some forum searching ... Fundamental life questions , Which bike will i end up getting!
    Im so anxious and excited , Ive always wanted to ride a bike opposed to a car.
    I remember my dad offered to buy me a car at 16 if i went for a car license and i told him to shove it :p Its a bike or nothing!
    Turning 25 end of this week and im finally doing it hahaha.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. failed my first go , Going again on wednesday. Get so nervous!
    • Like Like x 2
  13. don't despair, drink heavily before the test and you'll be fine.
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Yeah I hope round 2 goes better than the first one...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hi and welcome ForNeverAloneForNeverAlone and hope those nerves settle for your second test.

And just so you're "never alone," pencil in the Jindabyne Multi-state meet up for next march and come meet some of us from down south.

Cheers (y)
    • Like Like x 2
  16. hopefully now you've seen the course and know what it's all about you will blitz it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. hope so , I just think i psyched myself out too much.
    Got put on a bigger bike than i prefered , But quickly got over the nerves by the 2nd day.
    Need to work on my wrist placement as i had problems with the throttle. Any tips?
    By now , I have my jacket and pants so hopefully they know im determined to get this just hope it doesnt take me more than 3 tries :p Gets costly!.....
    • Like Like x 1
  18. hold your wrist a bit lower than you normally would. that way you have less movement and are less likely to 'over-throttle'.

yes would also recommend you wear pants next time.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1