Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by The Wazdog, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Hi fellow riders, just signed up and thought I better say hello. Just returning to riding after a long absence (25 years off a road bike but did have a 500cc, early 80's chook chaser on the road for a couple of years in the middle of those 25). Decided to go the cruiser route (I don't need to go 100+ kph in first gear in under 3 seconds) and bought a Yamaha xvs650. Look forward to reading and posting soon.

2. In that case we'd better say hello back @wazdog........... hello and welcome.
  3. Hey wazdog, welcome.....
  4. 500cc chook chaser! I know how you must have felt. I rode an IT490 for a few years and gee, did that thing go!! Ok, it didn't stop too well though.

Hi and welcome to the forum where we hope to see you join us on a ride sometime soon. Your bike looks to be nicely set up for a tour somewhere, how about a week or so in Tassie next feb??

Cheers ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome back..

Awesome bike there ;)
  6. Howdy The WazdogThe Wazdog,
    The 650 is a popular bike. Yours looks pretty well knitted out.
    What year ?

Geelong / Penninsula toy run is on this weekend if you're interested.
    It'll be huge. Last year they had 2500 bikes.
  7. welcome back to 2 wheels and Netrider Wazdog!
  8. Welcome to Netrider, and to the huge XVS-650 community, here, and further afield.... It's never too late to come back
  9. welcome aboard :) nice choice of ride :)
  10. Thanks for the welcome guys. Now to the questions, can't get the time off work for Tassie trip. The bike is a 2015. Working this weekend and next so can't make any toy runs.
    • Like Like x 1