Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Kellie15, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Hi,

I've just started riding after being talked into it by my husband (@AdamA@AdamA) whose been riding for a while now. It's meant I got his old bike (the ninja 300) and I always have someone to ride with.

I went on my first group ride last Tuesday night, had a great time and a few firsts i.e. reverse parked the bike, filtering and riding with peak hour/ heavy traffic (something I've been terrified of doing).

The only other riding experience I've had was hooning around a paddock in 1st gear on my dad's old farm bike when I was around 9 yrs old. We sold the farm, moved into town and the farm bike went back to being a pushie.

I'm not originally from Melbourne (Adam & I are both country kids), but have been living in Melb (Eastern Suburbs) for ~13 years now.

Looking forward to riding more and building up my experience/ confidence.

Hopefully see you out there.

2. Howdy and welcome
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome :)

Ooo, nice "old bike" :D
  4. Welcome Kellie.
  5. Welcome to Nutrider! @Kellie15@Kellie15

Now... @Gurbachen@Gurbachen, surely you're not going to break with tradition...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. G'day and welcome, Kellie.
  7. Welcome Kellie,
    Good to hear you're enjoying your 1sts.
    I thought about the Tuesday night ride, it was a nice night, but I couldn't get there.
    Adam knows a couple of us close by now so anytime you feel like a ride give a shout.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to NR...