Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by rohanmate, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Hi everyone!
    I've been lurking here for a while, so I thought I might as well introduce myself. My name is Rohan, I'm a 20 year old student. I got my learner license in December, and purchased a helmet, jacket and gloves in anticipation for buying a motorcycle!.... Anyway I ended up having to move for my degree so that went on hold for a few months. I've been keeping an eye on the market and doing a lot of researd, looking at the values of bikes, so when the time came (now) i'd have some idea of their values.

I'm currently looking at the CBR250r, Ninja 300, CB400 or maybe a VTR250 EFI as a preference if i'm patient enough for one to fall into my price range and I'm able to snag a deal.
    I'm 6ft1 80kg, it would be great if I can get a a bike like CB400 in my price range, but if i can't, is there anyone who is similar height/weight to what I am that can recommend anything?
    I'd prefer it to be Fuel Injected.

Thanks guys, So many of the posts that i have read on here have been very helpful so far and very entertaining.

2. Welcome Rohan. Good luck with your bike shopping.
  3. Howdy! What's your price range?
  4. Hey! my price range is probably up to about 4k, maybe a bit over if its a good deal. Looking at second hand.
    I've actually just come across a CBR250R ABS, the guy says they right lever is bent, which is easy replacement as far as i know, but he also says the right handle bar is bent?.. not sure if thats a no go, is that hard to replace?
    Thats the link, and the asking price is 3200, with 10 months rego
    let me know what you guys think
  5. Welcome to NR...
  6. Why is the RH side bent? That's the money question.
  7. Welcome Rohan. What are you studying?
  8. I'm studying a Bachelor or Justice Studies, thanks for asking :D
  9. Welcome Rohan, you haven't actually said where you are but I guess from the bike ad NSW?
  10. Justice studies, does that mean you are going to be a policeman ?
  11. Yeah it does actually :)
    NSW yep
  12. oh..? haha as in in the force or at goulburn?
  13. O, well that's a bit weird.
    Anyway, thankyou :) Appreciate your good wishes.
    I've only just started my uni degree for it, so i still have three years untill i actually graduate