Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Ska_let, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Hi newbie first post. I am an odd breed of person, I ride both a cruiser and a classic scooter - though obviously not at the same time.

I ride as often as being a mother of 3 and having 2 jobs allows me to (so generally not much)

I have in the last 18 months returned to riding after a 25 year break - literally - fell off in the wet and broke my right knee and both wrists.

I'm a 40 something old woman with little confidence learning to ride all over again and hoping not to fall off because I won't heal as quickly as I did when I was young.

I finally convinced my OH to get his bike license, so my mother's day present this year was him attending his pre-learners. He is coming along more quickly than I, perhaps because he isn't quite 40 something and has no prior recollection of injury - and he's a boy - they don't seem to have the fear factor us girls do for some reason.

Hope to gain and share where I can with this group of people. I gained friends and knowledge for the scooter community when I first bought Emelda, now hoping to expand my riding experience on Scout - I've posted pics in the "garage" of both my bikes.

Thanks for welcoming me.

2. Welcome to NetRider @Ska_let. Enjoy your ride.

3. Hello and welcome, you live in a great area.

4. aaannnddd ,,,,,,wait for it..... hello

5. woops I meant to say are you hot?

• Like Like x 1
  6. So not hot. over 40 mother of 3. fat and old.

7. im over 50 so your probably not too bad to me

• Like Like x 1
  8. G'day, welcome. Old and fat can be classed as hot, why not ?
    It's a standard question around here, by the way 40 aint old ….trust me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome, 40ish counts as a pup & if you ride you are immediately 38% hotter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boys, boys.
    Welcome along Ska_let. Enjoy getting back out there.
    Take care

• Like Like x 1
  11. wait....
    YOU GOT A ER6? that wasn't part of our plan !

12. Welcome !

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chill, there's now one more of your kind here. I tried to push Fin towards BMW but she couldn't handle standing out from the crowd & went the beige option.

14. @87crisis @109er
    I hope y'all won't need to stop quite so often for me catch up

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pfft, crisis needs to stop for a smoke every 15ks or he's in danger of catching a bad case of healthy ".

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. he's spot on.....or my bike will explode from too much awesome.

17. Again

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. welcome aboard and 40 aint old :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Welcome. About time you got here