Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Philthy, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Hi Guys,

I've been a member for a few weeks now, and it time to introduce myself. I'm from the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and been riding for about 2 years now. I've just moved up in the world from my Suzuki Intruder to a 2013 Street Triple. Only picked it up 2 weeks ago, and loving it.
    Hopefully I'll get to know some of you on here over the next few years.

2. Welcome to NR(y) We do love pics though ok?;)
  3. Welcome Philthy :) The 2013 striples look awesome, especially with the side exhaust.
  4. gday filthy
  5. welcome to nr
  6. Hey man, good to see a few people from the north
    • Like Like x 1
  7. you riding still Jerry?
  8. hey Phil
  9. Yeah not dead yet.
    holding out for good weather.... I think that's booked for Sunday..?
    Had a good ride last w/e & Monday but I'm not up for wet riding yet.
  10. I'm with you on this one Jerry, the ride into work this morning in the rain was not enjoyable.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gettin onto the ramp at dfo was a quick flick and go routine, the wind was pushing over while waiting at the lights, water spray from trucks used to test new helmet water leak issues
  12. That's quite a step up and a definite contrast.

Welcome. Ride safe.
  13. Yeah it is, before I started riding I thought I would be a cruiser kinda guy. But it seems Im not. Street Triple was the best bike for my daily ride to work, and fun on the weekends.
  14. And how did the helmet hold up? I purchased a new Shoei when I got the bike, its holding up very well in the rain so far.
  15. Ahh the helmet...
    All WAS going well, even sat next to a truck to be sprayed for testing purposes but the farker leaked with a water droplet or two by the time I got to Victoria and Elizabeth sts, was disappointed big time, have posted pic on the thread I started on the gt-air