Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by beefy32, May 6, 2013.

1. Hey there, new rider here, based in Brisbane.

Been thinking about learning to ride for about 6 months and have just started on lessons - still only need two hands to count my hours on a bike. I've been lurking for a fair while, and the amount of information and discussion on here has been damn helpful, so I figured it's time to say g'day.

Got my gear last weekend, so there's one last hurdle to clear - deciding on a bike.
    The wallet says a second hand GS500 or VTR250, the head says a CB500F, but then again I am pretty much in love with the ER6nl.

all academic until I'm ready to test ride em all though. :sneaky:

2. Hey mate,
    Where in Brissy are ya? I'm north side in Narangba. I ride the er6n and I love it mate! Great bike...
  3. Hi Beefy ... welcome ...
  4. Welcome beefy :)
  5. Welcome mate.

All those choices are great bikes.

GS500 will do you solid, as will the VTR. How big are you? If you're 6'+ or a tad heavier I'd suggest at least the GS500.
    Then again my housemate is like 6'3 and 105kg or something and gets around on the VTR250 no problem.
    Personally I prefer something a bit bigger as I do a lot of long distance riding.
  6. thanks for the welcomes.

I'm based on the southside - sherwood.

yeah, I'm 5'11" and about 90kgs, so on that borderline where 250s might be a bit on the small side. I've been told I might get a day on a vtr at my next lesson, so that'll be interesting. 250s have been alright for lessons... gah, I think I'll just try em all and get the one I like.