Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by knasa2, Jun 11, 2012.

1. hi guys my names kai im a 22 year old guy from brisbane.

i registered a year ago on NR and have just been leeching off all the information on here and thought it was time to start posting.

ive had my nsr150 for nearly 2 years and have just started doing some major modifications to it (bodywise) which i hope people are interested in checking out

i have got a set of 07 fireblade abs fairings that i have chopped up and re-plastic welded down to fit the little 150cc nsr

i know not everyone is interested in the little bikes (not wanting to sound up myself) but i think alot of people might be interested in some of my knowledge and work that will be going into this build ie plastic welding repairing and paintwork.

i will definitely have a lot of other question to pick your brains with aswell

and first question from me is how many posts until pictures can be up loaded??

thank you

kai mcintyre
  2. Welcome to Netrider Forum! Ride safe!
  3. Hi Kai and welcome. I think it is 5 posts.
  4. thanks guys didnt expect instant replies haha

ok already another question. how do i set a picture next to my name

P.s i know some people can get a little angry/ sik an tired of repeat question due to lack of searching. i just cant get the search drop box to work it keeps saying no matches everytime.

5. Quick Links - Edit your Details
    then Edit Avatar from the menu that opens on the left.
  6. welcome Kai, you dont know any same surnamed people here in melb do you?
    family friend goes nth regular visiting family, wondering if the work can be that small
  7. um not that i know of could be possible i think bulk of the mcintyres are near coffs i think

and thanks chris
  8. One more post then pics!
  9. yay.. haha
  10. Is that Honda's little 2-banger? :D Yay! And a Brisbanean too! Welcome. :)
  11. Plastic welding, now there is something I know nothing about.

I'll be interested to see and hear about your bike.
  12. hey guys i just thought i might post up some pics of my honda nsr 150 sp ive got on the build. im going to be giving it a set of 1000cc 07 fireblade fairings and a few other bits and pieces.

custom fit 3.5" angel eye headlights
    yamamha r6 rearsets
    fireblade brake/indicator led taillight
    heat wrapped tyga pipe (to hide rust)
    new end can
    custom dash
    bar end mirrors
    anodized levers

the r6 rear sets fit nicely except due to linkage length it is now in Gp shift pattern

bar end mirrors are only till i can find sum nice small mirrors instead to suit the small bike (any ideas???)
    and does any one have any experience with the anodised levers off ebay?

ill be painting the bike in full 2012 motogp team repsol scheme and i cant wait to see the wheels once they are painted and on the single swingarm.

please post any ideas or advice. and even criticism because this is my first bike build and there are bound to be things i havnt even thought of.

and on a final note can anyone point me in the direction of a few more bits and pieces for this build

single sided swingarm stand
    Cdi module (either stock or aftermarket)
    and plugs for the cdi due to housemates dog ripping the unit off my bike plugs and all

thank you for your time guys

<embed src="http://img72.imageshack.us/slideshow/smilplayer.swf" width="426" height="320" name="smilplayer" id="smilplayer" bgcolor="FFFFFF" menu="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="id=img72/hondarc213vwallpaper201.jpg"/>
  13. @tildette yes its a 150cc 2 stoke

@mendosi i do a bit of plastic welding at work being a panel beater and figured why not give the little nsr a bit of a more modern look. plastic welding is a lot easier than u would think aswell.
  14. welcome to NR :)

interesting work you're doing there.
  15. Nice ride you have there mate, I also have an NSR 150 and love it to bits. You just cant beat it in the city.
    PS.. I love the look of yours, well done