Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by 4flyen, May 10, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

Jay here. Moved here from Christchurch NZ back 2009 with my learners licence which I had held for 6 years so when I went to convert it over at the RTA get told that I can go onto my full if I just do my Pre-Provisional so thought why not.

Got myself a little ZZR250 which I thought would see me through but so much more roads here so figure it was time for an upgrade. As much as I was looking for my ideal bike which would have been a GSXR750, I ended up getting a K3 1000.

Yeah I know massive jump but is was actually cheaper and better value for the future. Transition was pretty hard but think I have a hang of it well somewhat.

Couple of months ago was my birthday so after having the K3 for a couple of years thought its time to move with the times so managed to get myself stunning white K9 which I am very happy and impressed with.

Thought I would join because I often struggle to find groups or people to go rides with as either the timing doesnt suit or other people who I have convinced to get a licence still havent got bikes haha.

Anyway here I am and hope to see some good things through here. I ride from Marsfield to North Sydney most days for work and pretty much keen for a ride anytime :)
  2. Welcome jay. Isn't it sad that you can buy a terrific unrestricted bike for less than the cost of a LAMS bike?
  3. Thanks Paul.

Haha yeah tell me about it. I work for a motorcycle insurance company and believe me that I see it all too often.
  4. Hello Jay, and welcome along. I reserve the right to tell sheep jokes, ok? But perhaps not on your first day. LOL. Nice to meet you.

I've sampled a K1, (ratty, not well cared for or set up), a K3, (nice, but didn't ride it for long enough) and a K5, (which I only had about 10 min on, and it had a full yoshi system and a Power Commander and a couple of hours on the dyno in the hands of experts, and it had the best throttle / injection / fuelling of any vehicle in my experience.) What a K9 would be like I can only imagine, but I'm drooling.
  5. Haha yeah your gonna have to ease me into it.

The K9 is a dream compared to the K3. Luckily I dont really have to spend anything on the K9 cos it came with fender eliminator, exhaust, screen, handlebars and to my surprise also found a power commander under the pillion seat :)
  6. Hi and welcome 4flyen lots of info on this site.