Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by acasta, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hi everyone.
    I'm new to the bike scene. 21 and always driven a car.
    Soon I'll be getting my motorbike L's. I'll be using the forums over the next few months to find out about gear and bikes while I get sorted.
    I'm interested in getting a road bike for getting to uni/work commuting. Looking at a Honda VTR250
    I'll be going and getting some gear real soon, around the time I get my Ls. As I am a uni student I am on a budget getting set-up and I've done some reading about clearance stores ect. located around Melbourne.
    I'll also create a thread to see if any members have some gear they would like to sell in my area.

Thanks.

2. welcome to NR acasta, where are you located?

3. I would guess maybe Melbourne..

VTR250 sounds alright. good little runners

4. Thanks guys,
    I'm located in Northcote. Traffic is horrible from here to the city so once I get confident the bike is going to make my commute a breeze!

5. Welcome to NR. (y)

6. Welcome Acasta to NR. Good luck with the L's. The VTR250 is a great bike. I have had a blast on mine. They are a great all round bike... Enjoy the ride...

7. Welcome aboard!

8. Keep a lookout for motorbike gear from(yes) ALDI.Helmets ,boots, jackets, gloves and wet weather gear at about a third the cost of shops. Al their stuff is European standard approved (CE).Just the thing for battling students.

9. Thanks guys! I Bought a bike last night!

I got a 2002 VTR 250, 12xxxkms for $2500.
    Guy hadn't rode it in 18 months, so he sold it to me cheap. It starts fine, but cuts out when throttled. Im going to break down and clean out the carb. New tyres and chain and it should be RW. Still registered till November.

Getting Ls on ANZAC day. All I need is gear now!

How often does Aldi sell gear Rennsport? I live a 10 min walk from one so I'll check them out.

10. every so often....keep an eye out here there's always a thread started when aldi's got some motorbike gear up for sale