Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by cygnus, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Hello guys.

I see this is where people do their introductions so here I go.

I got my L's in February, with no prior experience to that. Originally, I planned to get a bike soon after, but unfortunately I had a license suspension for 6 months. Now that I have my license back, it's time for me to get back on track and start looking for a bike.

I have been reading a fair bit on this forum in the past few days, and its been extremely helpful and informative. I'm really excited and went and bought all! the gear today (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, and jeans). Now just need to get that bike.

At the moment, I'm considering a friend's Kawasaki Super Sherpa. I actually thought VTR250's would be nice to start on, but its a little out of my budget range. Anything to watch out for in a dual purpose bike as opposed to a road bike for a learner?

Either way, I'm really glad there's a supportive environment here! Hope to see you guys around!

Cygnus

2. Congrats on the L's and welcome to NR.
    :biker:
    Good to hear you made good use of the advice & info here when purchasing your gear. I started on a dual purpose SL250. Apart from not being able to find any protection from the wind/rain and other elements due to the very up-right riding position, and being completely naked, ( yep I like to ride nude :-$), it was a great bike.

3. welcome cygnus, where abouts in syd are u?

4. Liberty Grove. Near Olympic Park. I will have to go down to those Learner sessions there. Oh, and I decided to go with a 96 GS500E instead of the Kawa Super Sherpa. Hope I made the right choice.

Pros:
    * a lot cheaper
    * a road bike
    * has 250cc more

Cons:
    * higher km
    * older bike
    * buying from someone I don't know

5. very reliable bike, shouldnt have any problems, learner sessions are now on Tuesday nights as daylight savings starts on Sunday

6. Welcome to Netrider Cygnus :)

7. Welcome aboard :).