Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello....with a questionn

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by ziggy8, May 1, 2009.

1. Hi all, fairly new here got my bike and l's the other week yep another vtr250 99 model just changed over those circle mirrors for some wider rectangle one today, first mod already.

So ive been on a couple of short rides nothing special but planning on riding to the bush to a mates place 3 hours away. I'll have a mate driving a car up with me just wondering if it would be better if I followed him or him follow me .

If i follow him I think i could probably observe the road a bit better seeing when he brakes and so on....what do you think?

Also being freeway riding at about 100-110k's iv just got draggin camos at the moment how high would you recommend getting leather pants..

Thanks in advance

2. Gday Ziggy, 9 times out of 10 its better if he follows you, u can always see whats ahead but u cant see behind you, better he keeps the morons off your arse, try if u can investing in radio communication between you and your mate in the car so u can talk to each other on the road, also good for emergency situations, if u need to brake hard u can tell him when u do :)

also leather pants are heaps better than kevlar, but if u do wear the kevlar, make sure u have the pads that go with it

3. :WStupid:
    +1

4. Hi welcome to NR

hope you have a safe trip

5. Thanks goz good idea but still trying to squeeze my ears into the helmet at the moment never mind having more gear in there, getting easier over time though.

Went for my first ride at night tonight, found it easier than during the day, ill have to go on those tuesday night L rides..

Thanks for the welcomes and input guys

6. welcome to NR ziggy

+2 about your mate following you in the car, that way you can concentrate on your riding and the road ahead and let him worry about keeping you in sight and watching your back, best thing you can do is try to forget he is there so you wont keep looking for him in your mirrors etc and apply all of your concentration to what you are meant to be doing.

no need for radio comms if you need to tell your mate anything you can pull over.

Goz if he needs to tell his mate he is doing an emergency stop, his mate is sitting too f'n close and shouldnt be aloud to drive!