Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello, what have I got here??!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by yendorg66, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Hello everyone!

I've joined this forum in the hope that someone can tell me what I have here? I'm a petrol head but not a "real" bike person. I've been given this mini GP bike by a friend and plan to fix it up for my 5yo son to ride. It has Suzuki decals but I'm not sure if that's correct. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I have and if I can still get parts for it if I need any. It looks like its been sitting in the weather as it has a bit of rust and most of the fairings are faded and quite brittle.

Given that I've seen Chinese versions of these things online for a few hundred dollars is it worth restoring?

2. I'm sure nothing there was made by Suzuki. $200 can get a new one on ebay, but for a 5yo I'd go for a dirt bike equivalent.
  3. No idea, but it has an interesting, to say the least, mix of tyres......
  4. Chinese pocket bike known as a CAG.
    49cc 2 stroke engine, centrifugal clutch, chain that requires careful and constant maintenance.....

Welcome to the world of piss poor metallurgy and welding.
    If your serious about restoring it, replace all the nuts and bolts with real ones
    • Like Like x 1
  5. By the sound of that the name should be GAG....
  6. Do yourself and your son a favour and throw it away.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. No matter, but I'm sure CAG doesn't stand for Combat Applications Group.:ROFLMAO:
  8. CAG is actually short for Cagllari, one of the original brands.These things are not a chinese invention, rather the Europeans have been manufacturing and racing them for ages...One V Rossi was an Italian pocketbike champ by the time he was 4 or 5 y.o.
  9. here is a proper one

almost 10K

10. 10k!! Cheeses...you could buy a near new 600 supersport or a Daytona 675 for THAT!

11. Actually, hornet, you could possibly be right about that.

Quite a while back now, Suzuki did actually produce a baby "sports" bike (50 cc two stroke) which, IIRC, was called the GAG.

Most, or all of them, AFAIK were in a Pink paint job, which, over the years, could look like anything. :( (Pink doesn't last long in the sun.)

The only two that I have seen were in Greece, where they were carried about on yachts for the "kids" to play with when in harbour.

Again, AFAIK, there was one in Sydney. It was an absolute work of art by one of the leading bikes painter at the time, who had done it up as a Suzi GSXR50 race bike.

I don't know enough about them to positively identify the one in the picture..... sorry.