Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello there

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Red, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Hello :grin:

I just wanted to say hello and thanks.

Thanks to everyone who has been so encouraging and for making me feel so welcome as a new rider/member and for being very supportive.

I've been to a couple of the coffee nights on a Sunday at Preston which have been great. I've learnt heaps from other Netriders about the 'do's and don'ts', and a bit more about my bike (Hyosung GT250R).

I had an attempt at my first mystery ride last night, I had an absolute ball. Even though I was at the rear with TEC for the duration, I still managed to see a couple of monos which was absolutely fantastic. I also loved it when the big bikes blasted past me as if I was standing still. :LOL: It was great to see other girls going for it as well, just the inspiration I needed.

Red (Emma) :)
  2. Hi Red, well done and welcome to Netrider. :)
  3. Welcome Red, we always look after the Sunday Coffee crew, there’s not many of us so we have to try be nice and hang on to them :LOL:
  4. Welcome to the NR experience Red (Emma) :grin:
  5. Welcome to the forums Red
  6. G'day Red. Have a think about the Meredith ride next saturday. My wife has decided to keep her Across for a bit longer and will be joining in on this ride. You did a great job on the mystery ride.
  7. Welcome to the friendly forums Red :grin:
  8. Welcome Emma. It sounds like the calm, controlled and sensible local Netriders have taken you under their wing already :LOL:.
  9. Hi Matt

Unfortunately I won't be able to do the Meredith ride this weekend.

That's good news about your wife wanting to keep her bike though, and also wanting to go on the ride, good on her! Hopefully you'll bring her to the next Sunday night coffee, and I'll get to meet her. Where were you last night? I ended up going for a ride on the back of Drew's bike, (my bike is in for a service). That's a very nice bike he's got.

Thanks for your compliment about the Mystery Ride, I must admit I did feel a little out of my comfort zone, to say the least. I certainly threw myself in the deep end. However, it was well worth it, I had an absolute ball. :LOL:

10. [/quote]Where were you last night?
  11. We were going to go but were to tired after working around the house all day. We are hoping to make it next week. Did you get the CDI wire cut at the service?
  12. Hi Matt

I couln't wait to pick up my bike from Staffords yesterday and they did cut the CDI wire for me. I went out for a ride last night and I thought it did seem to make a difference, which surprised me. :eek:

Are you planning on going to the Mystery ride this Thursday?

13. Thanks to all for welcoming me to Netrider. :grin:

14. Hi Red, welcome to NR, red is the best colour. :)
  15. Welcome Emma. Glad you're joining already :)
  16. hi emma (is it ok if i call u that, seeing as my name is actually RED ;) ).
  17. That's fine with me and thanks for asking.