Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hello people

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Ninja2251, Dec 21, 2013.

1. hello there,
    just joined the forum and saying good day.
    Here we go:
    I haven't had a bike for a very long time. Ok 18months, not that long.
    I have been riding for... 25 years? Shit, that long? That went fast.
    Ok so I got started on a Yammie 125RDLC, followed by a pair of 350RDLC. I'm sure I'm not the only one to remember these fondly?
    I then graduated to 4 strokes on a VFR750. A few years hiatus, got back on a VFR800, sold it to a mate, and bought another exact same one - why bother selling it in the first place? That was until I rode the mighty ZX-14 and it just blew me away. Had to have one. After a few years and a ridiculous amount of kms that relationship ended in a ditch. I am still mourning The Beast. I had a GSXR1000 for a few months but it just wasn't the same.
    Anyhoo, flying down from Sydney to Melbourne next week to pick up my Christmas present to myself, another ZX-14!
    Trawling the forums at the moment, putting together an itinerary of old favorites and yet to discover twisties to get back from Melbourne to the Central coast of NSW, hoping to avoid Mr Plod and the bloody double demerits. On a big Ninja, I know, kill me now.
    At the moment considering the Reefton Spur, Eildon-Jamieson, Mansfield, Whitfield, Tawonga Gap to Mt Beauty, up to Omeo, down to Bright, the Gap again (love the Gap), Tallangata, Tintaldra, Batlow, Tumut, Cowra, Bathurst, the Sofala run, Bylong Valley, Wollombi then home. 1800k or so, that should keep me busy a few days....
    Any recommendations, especially on Vic roads welcome!
    Cheers to all and keep it upright

2. Welcome old timer!
  3. I'm not old! Or maybe still going through denial :facepalm:
  4. Hello and welcome person, good luck on your big ride home in having fun and avoiding the plodsters :)
  5. welcome aboard old timer :)
  6. Welcome to NR ! Maybe chuck in the Granya Gap Rd and Murray River Rd between Tallangatta and Tintaldra if you're not already , also other option would be instead of going through Cowra to Bathurst do the Goulburn - Taralga - Oberon - Bathurst run .
  7. Thanks GoldNine. Yes the Tallangatta to Tintaldra is already on the map! Thought about the Taralga run but I've done it many times before and it's lot of droning on the Hume from Gundagai to Goulburn. It's a beauty of a road though (at the northern end of it there is a alternate road, via Shooters Hill, where even big bikes can really stretch their legs...)
  8. Nice , I'm sure you'll have a blast . Might pay to exercise some caution on the Eildon - Jamieson Rd though , haven't done it lately but can have loose gravel on the corners . I've think @CJVFR has been through recently - check road conditions thread .
    Edit : thread section is Hazardous Road Condition Reports .
  9. Thanks, never done that bit of road before, and haven't ridden in a while so I'll take it easy. It's so easy to go supersonic (super stupid) when in the zone on the 14, I'll have to exercise restraint
    • Like Like x 1