Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello NR - newbie from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by psbero, May 10, 2011.

1. Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a bit now and thought I'd finally come in and make my introduction :)

My name is Phil, I'm 22 and from the Sutherland Shire area of Sydney. I've been riding for about 6 months now, and got my red P's a couple of weeks ago. I heard about NR from one of the blokes I did the P's course with :)

I like all kinds of bikes, but I'm specifically into the classic & cafe racer styles. When I was looking for a bike to get for my L's, I was looking for something along this style but that was also reasonably new so that it would be fairly reliable and easy to learn on. After looking at the lovely Triumphs and Moto Guzzi's etc and crying because they weren't on LAMs, I found the 2010 Royal Enfield C5 and bought one. I've done a few mods to it now... new bars, mirrors, indicators, and exhaust... It's great fun!

If you see a black Royal Enfield riding around the southern side of Sydney on P plates, be sure to give me a wave :) Hopefully I'll meet some of you guys out on ride events etc from time to time too!
  2. Hey mate I'm 21 and from the Shire too. Where in the Shire are you from? What school were you at? Congrats on the bike
  3. Welcome to NR Phil.
    So where's the pics of the bike?

4. Welcome mate to NR...,=D> Enjoy your ride, hopefully will see you on the road..

Stay safe mate...
  5. I went to Caringbah North Primary, and Caringbah High.....

But that was 50 years ago, before the shire became THE Shire :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider :).
  6. I'm from Alfords Point and went to Inaburra.

Don't have a bike yet but I'm going for my pre learners at the start of next month. Will pick up a Kawasaki Ninja 250r after that
  7. Ah theres a few (ex)shire guys here then haha.

Good luck with the pre learners umirin. There can be a lot to take in at first, but you'll get used to it soon enough and before you know it you'll be hooning around like casey stoner :) I hear a lot of good things about Ninja 250's as a first bike as well. Are you planning to buy new or second hand??
  8. Welcome in Bud.
  9. Welcome to NR. Love your bike. An absolute classic where I come from and still going strong. Excellent choice!
  10. Thanks lads. Are there many other people on NR that are into the classic stuff?