Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello NR - Melbourne Rider - Kew

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Kewish, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Hey Everyone,

I'm Kewish (Kew) 29 y.o. from Nunawading in Melbourne. I've been riding bikes since I could walk. I grew up in the country just at the base of the Grampians. I've been in Melbourne for about 11 years now. A little bit over it actually and will probably find myself back in Western Vic in a few years. Fingers crossed.

I've had about 5 years off the bike. Anyway, as you eat, drink, breath bikes once it's in your blood, the appeal became too much and I had to get another one. 3 weeks ago I got myself a 2007 Yamaha R1, I'm wrapped.

My dirt bike list is long, I'll leave that out. My road bikes have been;
    1985 - Honda VT205F.
    1990 - Suzuki GSX-R 750 LE.
    2007 - Yamaha YZF-R1

Looking forward to getting involved in your community. Looks like a great place to be with plenty of people with bikes in their blood too!

Here's my girl. I hope you like!

2. Hi and welcome to NR Kew. Now that you've got the bike, you have 5 years of catching up to do on the awesome roads over this way. Get out there, enjoy and ride safe,

3. Welcome. Nice machine. :)
  4. Hello, cool bike.
  5. Niiiice bike
  6. Welcome to NR. (y)

And nice bike too. :p
  7. Thanks Guys!!

And yeah Ned, I know what you mean. I'm out 8am to 12pm Sat and Sun. And commuting to work daily. I'm trying mate!! he he.
  8. Hi Kewish and welcome to NR
  9. welcome to NR Kewish, nice toy you play with
  10. Killer ride, welcome to NR!
  11. Is Yamaha - Is Good
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks guys! Loving the forum already. Lurking at the moment. Trying to catch up. Some serious and heated debates, lots of friendly banter, great tech heads willing to share their knowledge... great mix IMO.
  13. Hey Kew I am in Nunawading to but just a noob who commutes daily send me a pm if you want to go for a ride, I will be the slow one at the back
    Cheers Jeremy
  14. Sounds good Jeremy, I don't care how slow you are mate. As long as we get where we're going and home again safely. Just cause I have a litre bike doesn't mean I ride town like it's Phillip Island either ;)

I ride most weekends but I leave early and get home early too. 8am to 12pm if you're interested. See if we can't tee something up. Put some more miles on your tires!