Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello, New Canberra Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Stevdav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. As per the title I am in Canberra and have just started riding having got my p's 2 months ago.

I have brought a Suzuki learner bike and want to meet others to ride with in this area. I am attending ANU so have some spare time.

2. Welcome to NR. (y)
  3. Welcome to NR
  4. A good ride is up black mountain drive, its nice, you can do laps up and down all day long and develop your cornering skills, because there is only one way onto the road, you can wait down the bottom until you have a good gap between you and the next car up the road, this means you can get a nice clean run.

check out canberrariders.com.au (i think thats the url) its pretty much NR but for canberrans.

Good rides out west as well, cotter road, apollo road, corin road, etc, and the roads near the new dam. Apollo road is great too, with some cool history at the end to check out.

-Former ANU student.
  5. Hi Steve, I'm very near Canberra, maybe I'll see you riding around one day if I'm coming to the big smoke in town.. what sort of bike do you have? :D
  6. +1

and we have a heap of great local rides :)
    Lots of L & P friendly rides as well...

one of the other nice ones is out via Macs Reef Rd to Bungendore for coffee/food, then either back the same route or via Norton's Rd instead.

7. its www.canberrariders.org.au

and its a good place
  8. #9 hornet, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Welcome to Netrider :).

You could always do some riding round here; [media=youtube]NhTbYqPq8QI[/media] many years ago we used it as a real racetrack, listen to the commentary!
  9. #10 Takamii, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    agreed - at least I dont live there any more